Guidelines for the authors of the “Lietuvos istorijos studijos”
- The articles and lectures should consist of the following parts which are relevant for scientific works:
- Introduction where the aim of the research, tasks, object, method, the condition of the research (historiography) and the sources should be identified;
- Results and description of research;
Headings and subheadings can be written for separate chapters of the text.
- A summary in English should be attached to the articles and lectures. The latter can be written in any foreign language, accordingly, the summary should be written in English and in Lithuanian.
- The links to the sources and the literature are formed according to the international rules adapted in Lithuania (they are popularly described in: Kastanauskaitė D. Bibliografinis mokslo darbo apipavidalinimas. Mokomoji priemonė Komunikacijos fakulteto studentams. V.: VU leidykla, 1998. 92 psl.)
- All the articles, lectures, overviews and publications are anonymously reviewed by two reviewers. The language of all the articles is edited by an editor.
- The text of all the articles is presented on paper format (1 copy, 2 line spacing). If the text is computer-typed, a floppy disk with the text should be presented.
- The optimal scope of the scripts is as follows: the articles, the lectures and the publications should be no lengthier than 1 author’s quire (40000 characters), the overviews - 0.5 author’s quire, reviews and the issues on academic life – 0.25 author’s quire, other issues – 0.1 author’s quire. The summary should consist of 30 – 50 lines, including the author’s name, surname and the heading. The text boxes are printed on separate sheets of paper. In the articles, the lectures, the reviews the author’s name, surname and data about the author are written above the heading. For example:
Professor, Habilitated Doctor (of Humanities)
Faculty of Philosophy
LT – 2734 Vilnius
In other writings the name and the surname is written after the article.
- The text should be entered and saved on a floppy disk in Microsoft Word (6.0 or 7.0), Times LT, Times, Times New Roman, Baltic, in Russian articles – Times RS. Please print the author’s name and the initials in the foot-notes and bibliography in italics.
- The publication of lengthy articles should be discussed with the editorial board.
- In the case of articles and lectures, please indicate the date of submission to the editorial board on the bottom right after the foot-notes, and in the case of reviews and writings please indicate it after the text. In the next line it should be noted: Ready for publication.
- More reviews and writings on academic life are most requested by the editorial board.
- On a separate sheet the authors are requested to submit the translations of the article headings in English, German. Polish and Russian.